Why Replace Your Roof When You Can Restore It
Get a FREE Inspection and Quote for Your Residential, Commercial, or Industrial Building from a Professional Roof Coatings Contractor
Innovative Home Concepts specializes in residential, industrial, and commercial roofing coating systems in Chicago and suburbs.
Coating installations, if done correctly, will extend the life of your roof by reducing heat transfer into your building, decrease membrane contraction and expansion due to thermal shock and eliminate leaks. In addition, adding a reflective coating will reduce energy costs and improve the physical look of your old roof.
Major Benefits of Roof Coating:
- Almost any roof can be coated.
- Will extend the life of a roof without replacement.
- Cost less than replacement.
- Limited or no business interruption during application.
- Can change the color of the existing roofing system.
- Applied by a Certified Installer Warranties cover you up to 20 years long.
Call Today! (888) 356-9020
Get a FREE Roof Inspection to See If Your Project Qualifies for Restoration with a Roof Coating System.
Let the Experts at Innovative Help you with Your Project
Almost any Chicago roof can be coated including, metal, BUR systems (built-up roof), single ply, modified bitumen, spray polyurethane, TPO, EPDM, Standing Seam Metal Roof and more. Gravel surfaced and ballasted membranes, without special preparations, are the only types of commercial roofing system that may not be good for the coating restoration process.
10 Reasons Why Coating Roof Restoration is Better than Full Replacement
- Is your roof structurally sound but could stand some reflectivity? Coating can help out a roof that is already sound and free of active leaking or moist insulation. You extend the serviceable life of the roof because you give it protection from the sun's UV rays, You also prevent expansion and contraction from thermal and seasonal variations. That ages a roof fast, leading to cracks, splits, and blisters.
- Are energy savings something you could use? A good coating can prevent heat from getting into the building, which reduces your utility bills. Dark roofs sometimes get as hot as 150 degrees Fahrenheit, whereas cooler roofs are 50 degrees less than that.
- Do you want the building to be more comfortable? A good coating can make the interior a more pleasant environment, making life easier for your HVAC system.
- Would you like to change the roof color? You can enhance or even change the outward appearance of your business just by altering the color or adding one.
- Would you like to avoid disrupting your tenants? They might have to move out for a little while if a tear-off is happening, since the dust, noise, and other matters involved can interrupt the productive operations of their businesses.
- Do you want to minimize the chance of exposing the roofing? Coatings do not require anything get torn off, and so the underlying roofing is not exposed to nature's punishment. If the insulation is within spec of current building codes, then a coating on top might finish the job without the insulation having to be torn out.
- Are you on a tight budget? Coating can save you money while still enhancing the roof's ability to protect the building beneath it.
- Does the roof have a lot of equipment or penetrations? Air conditioning and heating system components might be hard to replace or expensive to move around and change.
- Do you plan to sell your building in the near future? A coating can improve the building's looks and functionality without costing too much of an investment, meaning the roof will last until the new ownership takes hold of the property.
- Coating can add an extra layer of leak protection.
If you want a cost-efficient answer that lengthens the lifespan of your commercial roof, then coating is something to consider. On top of that, you might be entitled to possible tax advantages and rebates, since many jurisdictions label coatings as a maintenance cost. If you choose coating for your building, consult a certified contractor to have your roof evaluated properly prior to doing the work.
Roof Replacement Vs. Commercial Roof Coating?
1. It Helps The Roof Last Longer
2. It Is Less Expensive
3. You Get Tax Benefits
4. It Is Green
5. It Prevents Additional Damage
Types of Roof Sealant Coatings
Acrylic Roof Coatings
Silicone Roof Coatings
Foam Type Coatings
SEBS or Thermoplastic
What is the Cost of Roof Coatings?
Compared to full tear off and roof replacement of a flat or metal roof, the roof coating restoration process is a fraction of the cost.
Obviously the price of roof coating is going to depend on the contractor that you choose, the type of roof you are restoring, and the length of warranty and life span you looking to achieve from your coating system.
In general the price to tear off and replace a commercial flat roof and replace it with a TPO or EPDM roof system in Chicago market runs anywhere from $10 to $15 per square foot. As you can see a small roof will cost tens of thousands of dollars and a large roof can run into the hundreds of thousands.
The price of roof coating in Chicago runs anywhere from$3 to $6 per square foot. This again is going to depend on the contractor you use. Obviously a reputable, certified, legitimate contractor will be on the upper end of the scale. A "chuck in the truck" will be less money but you are exposing yourself to risks such as no insurance, low quality work, no warranty, contractor disappearing after install or even during install, and worst case situation, running off with your money before the work even begins.
The best way to find out how much commercial roof coating cost is to get an inspection and estimate from a professional. Call Innovative Home Concepts to schedule one today!
FAQs About Roof Coatings
Why do I need to get my roof coated with reflective coating?
Which types of roofs can be coated?
How is the coating applied?
Is a primer needed?
How much coating should be applied to the roof?
Do I need to coat a new, or nearly new, roof?
What energy savings can I expect?
Are there any building code requirements for roof coating?
Will the reflective coating extend my roof's life?
Are there warranties available for reflective coating?
How long does the coating last?
Can you re-coat the roof in the future?
Do I need a contractor, or can I coat the roof myself?
Can reflective coating stand up to ponding water?
Is what weather should the coating be applied?
How long will it take for the coating to cure or dry?
Can I apply the coating to a rusted metal roof?
What is ENERGY STAR?
What is the CRRC (Cool Roof Rating Council)?
In there a rebate program or tax advantage available?
How do I maintain the reflective coating?
What are thermal emittance and solar reflectance?
Will reflective coating stop leaks?
Where do I find a contractor to apply the coating to my roof?
Get a Quote From the Best Roof Coatings Contractor in Chicago, Call (888) 356-9020
Click the Button to the Right to Get Started. Have one of our professional estimators visit your location. They will do a thorough and free inspection to determine if roof restoration is right for your situation and if it is, they will give you a Free comprehensive price quotes.
AREAS SERVED FOR OUR COMMERCIAL ROOF COATING SERVICES:
Crystal Lake IL, Lake In The Hills IL, Algonquin IL, Cary IL, Fox River Grove IL, Huntley IL, Island Lake IL, Carpentersville IL, Mchenry IL, Woodstock IL, Dundee IL, Gilberts IL, Wauconda IL, Union IL, Barrington IL, Wonder Lake IL, Ringwood IL, Schaumburg IL, Elgin IL, Hampshire IL, Ingleside IL, Lake Zurich IL, Marengo IL, Fox Lake IL, Round Lake IL, Hoffman Estates IL, Plato Center IL, Spring Grove IL, Streamwood IL, South Elgin IL, Burlington IL, Richmond IL, Palatine IL, Mundelein IL, Long Grove IL, Grayslake IL, Hebron IL, Alden IL, Vernon Hills IL, Rolling Meadows IL, Lake Villa IL, Bartlett IL, Buffalo Grove IL, Wayne IL, Libertyville IL, Hanover Park IL, Saint Charles IL, Arlington Heights IL, Harvard IL, Bassett WI, Twin Lakes WI, Antioch IL, Genoa IL, Genoa City WI, Lincolnshire IL, Roselle IL, Wilmot WI, Garden Prairie IL, Zenda WI, Pell Lake WI, Wheeling IL, Powers Lake WI, Prospect Heights IL, Benet Lake WI, Trevor WI, Medinah IL, Gurnee IL, Elk Grove Village IL, Lafox IL, Wasco IL, Camp Lake WI, Bloomingdale IL, Mount Prospect IL, Carol Stream IL, Geneva IL, Itasca IL, Silver Lake WI, Kingston IL, West Chicago IL, Lake Forest IL, Deerfield IL, Lake Bluff IL, Sycamore IL, Capron IL, Maple Park IL, Glendale Heights IL, Wadsworth IL, Fontana WI, Elburn IL, Great Lakes IL, Walworth WI, North Chicago IL, Wood Dale IL, Des Plaines IL, Waukegan IL, Lake Geneva WI, Northbrook IL, Winfield IL, Salem WI, Williams Bay WI, Batavia IL, Addison IL, Highwood IL, Belvidere IL, New Munster WI, Bristol WI, Fort Sheridan IL, Highland Park IL, Bensenville IL, Kaneville IL, Wheaton IL, Mooseheart IL, Cortland IL, Poplar Grove IL, Glen Ellyn IL, Glenview IL, Glenview Nas IL, Woodworth WI, Sharon WI, Techny IL, Warrenville IL, North Aurora IL, Springfield WI, Lombard IL, Park Ridge IL, Zion IL, Lyons WI, Kirkland IL, Niles IL, Fox Valley IL, Glencoe IL, Dekalb IL, Golf IL, Villa Park IL, Schiller Park IL, Burlington WI, Morton Grove IL, Elmhurst IL, Clare IL, Melrose Park IL, Franklin Park IL, Winnetka IL, Chicago IL, Winthrop Harbor IL, Naperville IL, Eola IL, Pleasant Prairie WI, Sugar Grove IL, Berkeley IL, Aurora IL, Cherry Valley IL, Harwood Heights IL, Stone Park IL, Skokie IL, Delavan WI, Caledonia IL, River Grove IL, Kenosha WI, Wilmette IL, Lisle IL, Hillside IL, Kenilworth IL, Oak Brook IL, Rockford IL, Bellwood IL, Downers Grove IL, Darien WI, Evanston IL, Kansasville WI, Elmwood Park IL, Lincolnwood IL, Big Rock IL, Maywood IL, Westchester IL, Malta IL, Westmont IL, Montgomery IL, Clinton WI, River Forest IL, Hinckley IL, Elkhorn WI, Broadview IL, Esmond IL, Monroe Center IL, Union Grove WI, Woodridge IL, Hines IL, Hinsdale IL, Oak Park IL, Somers WI, Rochester WI, Forest Park IL, La Grange Park IL, Bristol IL, Loves Park IL, Clarendon Hills IL, Western Springs IL, Roscoe IL, Willowbrook IL, Brookfield IL, Machesney Park IL, Oswego IL, Lindenwood IL, Riverside IL, Darien IL, La Grange IL, Creston IL, Avalon WI, Bolingbrook IL, Berwyn IL, Lyons IL, Sturtevant WI, Waterman IL, Cicero IL, East Troy WI, South Beloit IL, Davis Junction IL, Waterford WI, Plano IL, Holcomb IL, Summit Argo IL, Willow Springs IL, Beloit WI, Rockton IL, Yorkville IL, Justice IL, Shabbona IL, Lemont IL, Romeoville IL, Bedford Park IL, Racine WI, Franksville WI, Amf Ohare IL, Rochelle IL, Bridgeview IL, Sandwich IL, Hickory Hills IL, Plainfield IL, Lee IL, Burbank IL, Somonauk IL, Stillman Valley IL, Steward IL, Palos Hills IL, Mukwonago WI, Millbrook IL, Janesville WI, Eagle WI, Whitewater WI, Caledonia WI, Chicago Ridge IL, Hometown IL, Oak Lawn IL, Big Bend WI, Lockport IL, Palos Park IL, Worth IL, Shirland IL, Palmyra WI, Afton WI, Winnebago IL, Hanover WI, Evergreen Park IL, Palos Heights IL, Muskego WI, Millington IL, Leland IL, Chana IL, Byron IL, Joliet IL, Orland Park IL, Alsip IL, Franklin WI, North Prairie WI, Newark IL, Milton WI, Paw Paw IL, Oak Creek WI, Midlothian IL, Robbins IL, Hales Corners WI, Blue Island IL, Sheridan IL, Ashton IL, Durand IL, Greendale WI, Oak Forest IL, Compton IL, Tinley Park IL, Earlville IL, Mokena IL, Posen IL, South Milwaukee WI, New Lenox IL, Riverdale IL, Footville WI, Orfordville WI, Harvey IL, West Brooklyn IL, Fort Atkinson WI, Cudahy WI, Country Club Hills IL, Dolton IL, Hazel Crest IL, Whiting IN, Edgerton WI, South Holland IL, Homewood IL, Flossmoor IL, Calumet City IL, Thornton IL, Lee Center IL, Hammond IN, Olympia Fields IL, Glenwood IL, East Chicago IN, Chicago Heights IL, Lansing IL, Evansville WI, Mendota IL, Sublette IL, Munster IN, Gary IN, Highland IN, Stoughton WI, Griffith IN, La Moille IL