Traditional Elegance, Warm Charm, Wood Windows for Your Home
Your Home Deserves the Natural Beauty of Real Wood
Wood frames have been used in the manufacturing of windows for generations. To many tradionalists, wood is considered to be the only choice when it comes to window frames.
Because of its natural insulating qualities, wood frames provide excellent thermal performance along with an attractive natural, traditional look.
The two leading manufacturers of Wood windows and doors are Pella Windows and Andersen Windows. Both provide quality, time tested products.
Marvin stands for quality. Professionals and homeowners alike agree that Marvin Windows and Doors are the highest quality out of the Big 3 wood window manufacturers.
REQUEST A QUOTE
Get a FREE, No Obligation Price Quote on New Wood Windows for Your Home.
Benefits of Wood Windows
- The biggest benefits of wood is that you can paint or stain them virtually any color you choose.
- Wood maintains the design integrity and traditional style of older landmark homes homes.
- Gives a warm feel and natural appearance to older as well as more contemporary homes.
- Can choose from a variety of wood species. Pine, Oak, Fir, Mahogany, and more.
- Wood is a relatively decent, naturally energy efficient material.
- Many manufacturers now offer a "pocket style" replacement wood window.
- Wood windows are less likely to attract condensation than synthetic materials.
- Wood is considered a renewal material because new trees are planted all of the time.
- Adds Value and style in terms of increased property value and improved curb appeal.
- Wood window products have come a long way as far as energy efficiency and will improve the comfort of your home.
Just like all natural materials, wood replacement windows require a lifetime of maintenance. Wood materials are affected by sunlight and moisture which can take it's toll on the wood window frames. These elements can lead to rotting, shrinking, and swelling of the wood. And even if their integrity isn't compromised by the elements, wood frames need to be refinished regularly to keep up their appearance and to maintain a fresh look.
Furthermore, quality wood windows are among the higher priced window frame products. Initial cost and the time you’ll need for maintenance should both be factored into your decision to choose wood frames for your replacement windows.